The Southwest Idaho RC&D Council is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization composed of sponsor representatives including but not limited to the Boards of County Commissioners of Ada, Canyon, Elmore, and Owyhee Counties, the Soil Conservation Districts within those Counties, and the Duck Valley American Indian Reservation. In addition, each city or town in any of the counties, any special purpose districts local non-profit organization, and county or multicounty planning bodies are eligible.
Council Sponsor Membership (All may not be currently active.)
- Counties: Ada, Canyon, Elmore, Owyhee
- Soil Conservation Districts: Ada, Balanced Rock, Bruneau River, Canyon, Elmore, Owyhee
- Cities and Towns: Boise, Caldwell, Eagle, Garden City, Glenns Ferry, Grand View, Green Leaf, Homedale, Kuna, Marsing, Melba, Meridian, Middleton, Mountain Home, Nampa, Notus, Parma, Star, Wilder
- Others: Duck Valley American Indian Reservation
The Board of Directors shall be composed of no less than twelve members from the Council sponsoring organizations and members at large.
The Executive Committee of the Council, Inc. consists of five members, elected from the Board of Directors. This Committee is composed of the President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer, and two members. Their responsibilities include the day-to-day operations of the affairs of the Council.
Executive Committee Membership
- President – Leslie Jayo
- Vice-President – Debbie Cook
- Secretary/Treasurer – Tom Bicak
- Member – Susie Colthorp
- Member – Paul Calverley