The Southwest Idaho RC&D Council is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization composed of sponsor representatives including but not limited to the Boards of County Commissioners of Ada, Canyon, Elmore, and Owyhee Counties, the Soil Conservation Districts within those Counties, and the Duck Valley American Indian Reservation. In addition, each city or town in any of the counties, any special purpose districts local non-profit organization, and county or multicounty planning bodies are eligible.
The Board of Directors shall be composed of no less than twelve members from the Council sponsoring organizations and members at large.
The Executive Committee of the Council consists of five members, elected from the Board of Directors. This Committee is composed of the President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, and two members. Their responsibilities include the day-to-day operations of the affairs of the Council.
Executive Committee Membership
- President- Debbie Cook, City of Boise
- Vice President- Susie Colthorp, City of Mountain Home
- Secretary/Treasurer- Nicki Schwend, Canyon County Parks
- Member- Leslie Jayo, Owyhee County
- Member- Paul Calverley, Ada Soil & Water Conservation District